quit
switch
quit-smoking
story
success
success-story
vaping-story
vaping

We’ve been absolutely inspired by the success stories we’ve heard from 180 Smoke customers who’ve made the switch to vaping over the years. In recent months, we’ve received a specific few that we were encouraged to share with anyone who vapes or is thinking about vaping.

If you’re one of those who are unsure whether vaping is for you, don’t take it from us. Check out what our customers have to say about their vaping experiences!

“Smoker until the day I die”, I used to say.

The world of vaping was always beyond me. The average person I used to see with a vape was the stereotypical-looking vaper: someone with tattoos and piercings everywhere, who gives zero F’s about the world. So in the beginning, it wasn’t so much the act but the visual aspects of high-end vape enthusiasts that made me feel like maybe it wasn’t the image I wanted to have for myself.

That was until my friend’s 19th birthday party, when one-too-many drinks caused me to commit involuntary theft. I woke up the next morning with no cigarettes, but with a e-cigarette. There’s a strong possibility that I had been pitched to and swapped, but we will never know. Upset and downtown, I decided to find a vape store to 1) figure out how the hell you use this thing, and 2) figure out what I needed for it since I had no more smokes and thought it might be a good idea to give it a try. After all, I did get the device for free. If all else failed, I could guarantee that there would be a gas station or convenience store where I could buy a pack. That was when I stumbled across a really cute store on of one of busiest streets in toronto: 180 Smoke Vape Store.

To my surprise, there wasn’t a group of tattooed heavy metal rocker dudes with bad attitudes waiting to greet me. It was a group of normal individuals! Who would have thought? My days of stereotyping vapers were over. Getting into vaping was actually a lot of fun. I got to try some really awesome, and some not-so-awesome but interesting flavours, endless options that made me feel like a kid in a liquid candy store. After speaking to the sales associate (and trying my hardest to piece together my wild night) I obtained a lot of information in regards to vaping, from the basics to expert vaping experiences.

Getting a vape was one of the best random things that happened to me. If it wasn’t for vaping, 2017 would have been my 7th year smoking cigarettes. Vaping has saved me a lifetime of money and health that I could have easily thrown away without a second thought. I was able to identify what it was about smoking I was really addicted to. For me it was all about the nicotine and the sensation.

Thanks to vaping, I am finally at a point where I feel in control of my addiction, and every time I lower my nicotine content, I become less addicted to nicotine and eventually intend to be smoke AND vape free. Having the ability to strategically lower my nicotine has meant that I didn’t have to deal with withdrawal side effects. I am currently down to 3mg of nicotine, but I’ve had days when I didn’t crave it at all! When I started smoking, I was convinced that I would always be a smoker, but today I don’t have that mindset, and it’s all thanks to the 180 Smoke sales team and the power of vaping.

– Amanda

I actually started vaping not because I wanted to reduce the harm to my body or necessarily quit smoking at all, but because I was a 7-year closet smoker who moved to a remote northern village for work. Upon moving up there, it was made clear to me that the children in the town commonly started smoking at a young age, and once I got there I saw it with my own eyes. Kids as young as eight years old were puffing on cigarettes. I was utterly astounded.

Being an employee of the school itself, there was no way that I wanted these kids to see me smoking. I wanted to be a role model for them. I didn’t want them to make the same mistakes I did. So I decided to quit cold turkey, which lasted a few months until I broke down and bought myself an overpriced pack of cigarettes. From behind me, I heard a high pitched voice say “You smoke?” It was one of the kids from my school (this was a very small town). Embarrassed, I tried to cover my tracks and tell her that it was for my dad (who lived almost 2000km away at the time).

I knew I couldn’t do it anymore. By smoking, I was endorsing an unhealthy lifestyle to these impressionable young students. I needed to figure out how to quit cigarettes for good.

I did some research online, and found that e-cigarettes were now available with nicotine. I placed a bundle order with everything I’d need for a month or so. When my order arrived, it was a few weeks of trial and error—I didn’t realize that you actually had to turn the battery on first, and my first coil burnout almost put me into a state of panic—but after that, it was smooth sailing.

I didn’t touch a cigarette for the entire time I was up north, and I still used my vape when I moved back, but I did smoke as well for a few months before deciding to quit smoking completely again, but this time for myself.

And I didn’t find the transition difficult whatsoever! I found the right nicotine strength for me, and did experience some side effects at first (mainly dry mouth, which I combated by drinking more water). Months later, I upgraded from a pen to a sub-ohm device.

I haven’t touched a cigarette in almost two years, and I feel so much better for it! I’m a singer, so I noticed a massive increase in my lung capacity, and my recurring sinus infections completely disappeared. There is absolutely no way I would go back to smoking now. I’d much rather vape instead.

– Tracy

I started smoking when I was 13. I never really considered myself a “smoker” per se, I would just smoke when I was out with friends… and when I was stressed… and when I was bored… and when no one was in the cafe I worked at and I was able to duck out for a quick one.

The long and short of it was—I pretty heavily in denial and burning through about a pack a day.

One day, when I was 28, I got winded running up the steps on the subway and I knew it was time to quit. I always heard about vaping, I knew it existed, but didn’t think it was for me. I thought I could “tough it out”, but that didn’t take. I thought I could use the patch, or the gum, but that didn’t replace the social aspect.

Then one of my friends let me try his vape when we were out.

Two days later I picked up my first vape, the eLeaf istick 60W.

I started with Gold Star in 6mg, and Vanilla Craze in 0mg. I would gradually add more and more Vanilla to the tank until I was able to wean myself off of nicotine entirely. It was great. I was able to do it at my own pace, and I haven’t smoked a single cigarette since.

I was able to nip smoking in the bud, and I have no doubt that I’d still be smoking today if it weren’t for the switch.

– Jason

Have you made the switch to vaping? What was your experience like? Share your story by replying below!

I started smoking at the age of 14 and smoked for over 20 years.Only tobacco has no filter cigarettes.My mother also smokes and wanted to quit smoking.I said try using the e cigarette.I smoked myself and did not steam. We h # went together in a vaping shop and bought my mother an Aspire Nautilus mini premium kit. It steamed and of course I had to try synonymous. I was from the first moment very pleased with the taste and the feeling when steaming. So I bought directly on the other day also the Joyetech evic mini with the Tron. Since the steam I and have not smoked in a cigarette anymore, and i love the Vaping and its my hobby :slight_smile:

I was introduced to vaping January of 2017. Bought a mouth to lung device from a store near my house in Scarborough, not mentioning the name cause it wasn’t 180. Don’t go there anymore by the way cause their juice is to harsh. Still smoked for a month, then by February I was introduce to direct to lung and since then I had not had a smoke . I love vaping and it has really evolved since then. I love the new mesh coils they are the best.

Great post

These success stories are exquisite!!
-DEZZ

I started smoking at 13,smoked 2 pks a day for 40 years! found out about vaping through facebook. Started with a ego battery and a c4 clearomizer…used this and a few evod pens for the first 10 months before upgrading to the mvp and istick 20w! Made the complete switch to vaping in only 3 days and have never looked back! totally smoke free since January 19,2014!! It still amazes me how easy it was to switch,started with 12mg nic,now 3 and 0mg.

I started smoking as an 15 year old to impress a girl. Stupid. I recently got into vapeing an will never look back

I started smoking when I was 16, three packs a day for 10 years! I tried everything to quit, the patch, gum, medicine nothing worked. Well in 2016 I was introduced to vaping. I started off on a tesla one pen mod and a tfv8 baby beast. I immediately loved it, the strawberry milkshake juice by space jam tasted just like a milkshake. I quit smoking right then, it amazed me! Its been 2 years and here I am still cigarette free and loving the fact I no longer smell like a ashtray!

I use to smoke 10 to 15 smoked a day for three yrs, then I found out I was pregnant and used vaping to handle the cravings. I started out with the disposable e-cigs, then went to the replaceable cartridges. I eventually got a Smok V8 stick and was burning through coils too fast. Now I have an OBS RTA with a Battlestar mod, and I love it. I’m love raspberry/spearmint juice, and any fruit flavored juices.

My friends have tried quitting years ago and that when i saw what vaping is. Took me few more years to actually get my own kit. It’s been over a year now of me vaping, and i am definitely never going back to stinkies.

I joined the 180 Smoke team in August 2015. I was a smoker at the time of my interview, but knew I wanted to quit. 180 Smoke actually gave me a free Cloudmaker Nano kit after my interview. They hired me on the spot and encouraged me to use my new kit to start my journey towards quitting. It worked. I have now been smoke free for 3 threes and happily employed by the best company ever. The best part is I was able to use all the knowledge I gained from 180 Smoke to help my father, who was a smoker for 40 years, convert to vaping.

Great post

Excellent post!! So wonderful to see so many great success stories!