Unfounded Stigma Still Surrounds The Topic of Vaping

e-cigarette
quit-smoking
stigma

In a January 2017 article from The Guardian, Professor Linda Bauld discusses the stigma around vaping that not only is still present in public views of e-cigarettes, but has actually increased over the years.

Although vaping has been proven to be 95% healthier than smoking cigarettes, it seems that a large amount of the population is still confused as to the benefits of e-cigarettes for smokers.

You can read the full article here.

Can’t understand how people think badly of vaping. I was a regular smoker for over 15 years, and no matter what I did I just couldn’t get off it. Vaping was the only thing that got me to quit. Doesn’t that count for anything?

i love that Prof Linda Bauld wrote this. She is fully independent researcher and has dedicated over 2 decades of life to cancer research and tobacco harm reduction.

It’s very unfortunate that this stigma still surrounds vaping in 2017. Unfortunately this means that the general population is not properly educated on the actual industry. As a long time vaper, I find myself providing information in regards to vaping to anyone who is willing to listen. One way to help end the stigma is to spread the word and educate!