What Are The Benefits Of Vaping?

health
environment
benefits
smoking

#1

Combustion vs. Vaporization

When a tobacco cigarette is burned, combustion takes place, which in itself causes damage your lungs, and creates smoke filled with tar and other harmful elements.

Vaping heats the liquid to the point of vaporization without combustion, and does not produce any of the 4000+ harmful chemicals contained in tobacco cigarettes.

Environmental Biohazard vs.Recyclable Products

Toxic chemicals often leach out of cigarette butts and present a bio-hazard to fresh water, wildlife, and our drinking water systems.

Cigarette butts (“filters”) are made of cellulose acetate tow, NOT COTTON, and can take decades to degrade. They have been found in the stomachs of fish, birds, penguins, whales and other marine creatures that mistake them for food. This is a major threat to wildlife.

Cigarette butts and packaging are the most littered items in the world. Cigarette butts comprise ~50% of all litter in North America (see statistics here). As of early 2013, there were roughly 5.5 trillion cigarettes being consumed globally per year. Governments around the world spend billions of dollars on collecting cigarette butts, but are only able to collect about 10% (550 billion) of the total disposed (see statistics here). So the other 90%, roughly 4.95 trillion filters, are not disposed of properly and are deposited somewhere in the environment worldwide. That’s trillions of cigarettes flicked in our neighborhoods, beaches, nature trails, gardens, and other public places every single day.

Batteries and cartridges that are used in e-cigarettes are eco-friendly and recyclable.

Second-Hand Smoke vs. Less Harmful Vapour

When tobacco is combusted, it emits carcinogens and more than 4000 toxic chemicals into the surrounding air. These are the harmful elements found in second-hand smoke, and can contribute to the development of cancer cells, even in non-smokers who are exposed to it.

E-cigarettes do not involve combustion, and so they do not produce carcinogens. In addition, the lack of chemical emissions make breathing in second-hand vaporized e-liquid much less harmful overall.